Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Walkin' Down the Trail


I like to go on trail rides, do you? I sometimes get skitterish when there are deer hiding in the woods, and sometimes the crunching of sticks and dry leaves scares me (I'm kind of silly), but I do love to get out of the arena. Before I moved to Fish Bowl Farm I lived in Ellensburg, and there aren't so many dense woods there, it's more sage brushy, so when I moved to Western Washington the Doug Fir and Madrona woods were something to get used to! Here is a really cool website where you can download and read a document about sharing the trails with others on foot, on horseback, bicycle or atv (where they're allowed). (Look on the bottom right of that website for ELCR News Flashes and the Trail Guide. The photo above is of one of the trails at Fish Bowl with the flowering apple tree.

No comments: